Oh dear, I have not been very attentive to diarising my craft endeavours this year! I have been working hard though and a couple of months ago I finished my first pair of socks. These are a Wiksten pattern from Made By Hand. The pattern is really easy to follow and the short row heel is very quick, so it was possible to complete it in one sitting and there was no losing track of my place in the pattern (I have been putting off the heel on another sock for fear I won't have time to complete the heel in one go). I used a lovely Koigu Painter's Palette yarn, which was chunky enough that the sock didn't take forever. I also had a bit left over for these Purlbee booties.
The booties took a few attempts to get right and I found that using a different colour for the sole made it so much easier. I think they make a lovely gift, but the pattern is definitely for newborns - these ended up way to small! I've started another pair of Wiksten socks and I still haven't finished the grey pair (pesky fine yarn!) and I have a few sewing projects on the go too....!
They look fantastic. I adore short row heels, but always have to keep notes to keep track of where I am. (I always have a notebook to mark rows off on)
ReplyDelete