Tuesday, 2 June 2015

1960s Coat



Yet again I have been terrible at diarising my projects here, but I am going to try and be better... Over Christmas (can it really 6 months ago?) I set myself the challenge of making a winter coat. Just to make it a bit more tricky, I decided to use a Vogue pattern from 1960, which I found on Etsy. It required adjusting downwards by about 2 sizes and I also ended up adjusting the shoulders to make them less a bit less wide and slopey. There was also a lot of hand sewing required. I realised afterwards that these techniques are now done by machine! At least I learned some new hand stitches (even if I did lose 3 days of my holiday). 





I wore the coat a lot till spring came - I think because I love the wool fabric so much. It was from the Cloth House shop that has closed now. I do hope they still do some of the fantastic wool fabrics in the remaining Cloth House n47 shop at no. 47. 


No comments:

Post a Comment